Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy Little Run

Tonight was the most surprisingly delightful run ever. The delight came out of nowhere, like a ninja in the dead of night. We were scheduled to do a tempo run tonight, but with the injury I'm trying to take it easy until race day so I get to that start line as healthy as humanly possible. I knew I'd be doing an easy run, but I wasn't sure how far I was going to make it, or how much pain I was going to be in.

Rachel Bliner, who I ran a bunch of Wednesday GTSs with back in the fall before she got injured, was there and she also wanted to run easy. Typically Rachel + Rachel is an amazing formula for success, and tonight that rang truer than ever. We had the best time tooling around Central Park, gossiping about pretty much everything. Some guy was running about 15 feet behind us the whole way - he probably has enough info on us to steal our identities or at the very least severely blackmail us, should he desire. But, no matter - it was awesome to catch up with her, and awesome to run with her again. I'm hoping once she's slightly more healed we'll be able to train for a half together. I'm thinking Brooklyn half in May fo sho. I'm already registered for Nations half in March (suck on that, NYC half!) which I'm training for with my friend Dom, but I think that's too soon for Rachel's injury.

I'm rambling. Bottom line, tonight rocked, Rachel B rocks, and I'm actually feeling pretty damn excited to run this race. PHOENIX WATCH YO BACK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment